Sunday, July 28th
Beverly Wilshire Hotel
By Invitation Only
Conference Program & Speaker
For more information, contact
2019 Keynote Speakers
Valorie Kondos Field (Miss Val)
Miss Val, the former head coach of the incredible UCLA Women’s Gymnastics team is considered one of the finest college coaches of all time.
Having coached hundreds of elite athletes, she is known for using the sport as an avenue through which to teach valuable life lessons while encouraging individuality and joy.
Her book, Life Is Short, Don’t Wait to Dance: Advice and Inspiration from the UCLA Athletic Hall of Fame Coach of 7 NCAA Championship Teams, was released last Fall.
Jenifer Lewis has truly done it all… Singer — Actress – Author – Activist.
Her career has spanned five decades with over 300 appearances in film and television, including her current role on the Emmy-nominated hit, Black-ish.
Jenifer is an outspoken advocate for reducing the stigma around mental illness and addiction. In her provocative and touching memoir, The Mother of Black Hollywood, she recounts her journey to health and wholeness.
Interested in attending?
Let us know!
FOR SPEAKER BIOS, PLEASE CLICK SESSION TITLES BELOW
We’ll discuss improved partner communication, tapping into our primally powerful feminine selves and ways to enrich our sexual health, vitality and overall quality of life.
• Liz Goldwyn, Founder, The Sex Ed
• Jennifer Jorge, LCSW, Director, Community Social Services, MPTF
• Rachel L. Ross, MD, PhD, Sexologist and Family Medicine Physician
• Moderated by Kathy Van Ness, General Manager & COO, Golden Door
Hear from respected healers who ease the pain of the body, mind
• Sherree M. Godasi, Psychedelic Integration Coach
• Rahul Jandial, MD, PhD, Neurosurgeon & Scientist, City of Hope
• Elizabeth Ko, MD, FACP, Medical Director, UCLA Health Integrative Medicine Collaborative
• Sharon Gothard Weisman, Psychic Medium & Spiritual Advisor
• Moderated by Dr. Scott Kaiser, Chief Innovation Officer, MPTF
Sometimes you have to do something entirely different than what you’ve been doing for years. How do you handle others not accepting your decision to pivot and change careers? Our panel will inspire you to be brave, embrace change and try something new.
• Sharlette Hambrick, Licensed Agent, New York Life Insurance
• Lisa J. Olin, Founder & Owner, Cake Monkey Bakery
• Bob Oswaks, Founder & Owner, Bob’s Well Bread Bakery
• Tal Rabinowitz, Founder & CEO, The DEN Meditation
• Moderated by Dea Lawrence, Chief Marketing Officer, Variety
This panel takes you step by awful step through what happens when you don’t get your affairs in order and leave your loved ones holding the bag.
• Rebeca Goldfarb, Goldfarb & Luu, Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm
• Dina Kuperstock, Chaplain/Spiritual Care Provider, MPTF
• Anne Walling, MD, PhD, Assistant Medical Director, Advance Care Planning and Services Initiative, UCLA Health
• Moderated by Laurel L. Lewis, BSN, RN, MA, Transition Specialist & Private Coach
Learn tips on resilience, courage and how each of them enhanced their own lives by helping others. See why ‘giving back’ is so important to them and has changed their lives for the better.
• Lorrie Bartlett, Partner, Board Member & Department Head, Motion Picture Talent, ICM Partners
• Lavinia Errico, Founder, Equinox Fitness/Spiritual Entrepreneur
• Karen Grimley, PhD, RN, Chief Nursing Executive, UCLA Health
• Michelle Hurd, Actress/Activist
• Moderated by Courteney Bailey, Chief Development Officer, MPTF
How do you see yourself living when you stop working? This panel will discuss social security, savings through IRA/401K, and how to insure you’ll be protected in your later years.
• Jennifer Burnham-Grubbs, Co-Founder & President, Quantum Insurance Services
• Stacy Schrier, CPA, Senior Tax Manager & Business Manager, Schulman Lobel
• Liz Weston, Certified Financial Planner
• Moderated by Judith Kitano, Corporate Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson
What tech skills are most sought after right now? What are the red flags you need to avoid on your resume or in an interview? How can online or in-person coaching help you in today’s tight job market?
• Barbara Biziou, Transformational Teacher/Global Ritual Expert
• Angela Gardner, Partner, Media, Entertainment & Digital Practice, Heidrick & Struggles
• Debbie Wosskow, Co-Founder, AllBright
• Moderated by Rebecca Sun, Senior Reporter, The Hollywood Reporter
Whether you’re the boss or a team member, you can make a difference. Even toxic situations can be made healthy with proactive and emotionally intelligent leadership. Hear from the most well-respected executives what they did to create a better workplace for everyone.
• Sandra Dewey, President, Productions and Business Operations, TBS, TNT & truTV, WarnerMedia
• Aleen Keshishian, Founder & CEO, Lighthouse Management & Media
• Marisa McGrath Liston, Executive Vice President of Global Communications & Earned Media, Lionsgate
• Moderated by Kymn Goldstein, Chief Operating Officer, Allied Global Marketing
Every woman on this panel had an idea that made her incredibly successful. Our experts offer advice on how to get started, get a patent and how to protect your idea and copyrights.
• Gail Becker, Founder & CEO, CAULIPOWER & Vegolutionary Foods
• Elizabeth Faraut, Creative Director & CEO, La LOOP
• Laurie Feltheimer, Founder, Laurie Felt – Los Angeles
• Ariel Kaye, Founder & CEO, Parachute Home
• Moderated by Iris Grossman, Talent Manager, Echo Lake Entertainment
The Latest From MPTF
Lillian Michelson has helped guide some of the brightest filmmakers through her work as a hollywood archivist and librarian. She's a certifiable behind-the-scenes legend and calls MPTF home. Watch Lillian's story, performed by Alessandro Nivola (Face/Off, American...read more
The Samuel Goldwyn Children's Center embraces the busy work schedules of entertainment industry professionals and serves as a reminder of the long legacy of Goldwyns supporting MPTF and its mission. Watch the children's center story, performed by Samuel Goldwyn's...read more
By Eric Lichtenfeld Many of the people you’ll find in Hollywood or on our campus began their careers with a dream, but MPTF’s Tiffany Lawrence has one that’s a little different: to be a probation officer. However, after working in the juvenile justice system for three...read more